The inaugural Golden Oldies Football Festival will be held in the beautiful Garden city of Christchurch, New Zealand from the 15th – 22st April, 2018. The Festival is open to teams from around the world, of all abilities – the only requirement is that players are aged over 35.
At Golden Oldies Festivals, the games are just as important as the functions and during the week teams will play eight games, meet new friends from around the world and attend both opening and closing functions (all inclusive of beverages, food, entertainment & transfers).
Why not join us and enjoy all that the Golden Oldies movement has to offer enthusiastic footballers. Bring your teammates, your friends and partners for a fun filled week of Football!
What is Golden Oldies?
Golden Oldies Sports Festivals have been around for over 35 years, with established Festivals in Rugby, Cricket, Hockey, Netball and the newly added Softball. Owned by VSL, we are pleased to be introducing Football to the Golden Oldies family of sports in 2018. An exciting Football Festival designed for all footballers over the age of 35.
What are the team categories?
Team categories are based on age, gender and ability.
Categories: Male, Female or mixed.
Age groups: 35+ 45+ 55+ 65+
Ability: Competitive, Non-competitive
How are Golden Oldies Festivals Different?
Unlike other Masters Tournaments and other over 35’s games Golden Oldies Festivals are:
- Open to men and women of all abilities.
- Our Functions are just as important as the games.
- Held at a different holiday destination every 2 years.
- All packages include both Opening and Closing Functions where food, beverages (open bar) and entertainment are all provided.
- All packages include your accommodation for 7 nights.
- There is no need to hire a car as all transfers are included to and from games and Festival accommodation.
- Almost everything is organised for you – from the minute you arrive in Christchurch!