- Event is 4 person teams strokeplay event – Nett and Gross. Three best scores each day count for the teams total.
- Individual scores in handicap divisions – divisions made up when entries close.
- Teams can be boys, girls or mixed.
- Individual entries are not accepted.
- All players must have official handicaps from recognised golf associations. Handicaps will be checked and the organisers will have the right to amend handicaps where there appear to be discrepancies. A maximum handicap of 25 will apply for the competition.
- All teams will need to be accompanied by teachers, coaches or registered caregivers on a ratio of 1 adult for every 8 students. In the event the group is less than 8 there must be one supervising adult. The organisers policy is one of inclusion – there are no qualifications required beyond being a member of a school team, having a recognised golf handicap, a love of the game of golf and a desire to meet other college golfers and experience what the host countries have to offer.
A copy of the full set of rules will be sent upon receipt of team entry form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a maximum handicap for the tournament?
The maximum playing handicap is 25. Players on handicaps higher than 25 are required to play off 25.
Who can play in the World Schools Golf Challenge?
Any high school can enter a team in the World Schools Golf Challenge and must be current pupils or immediate past pupils of the same school.
A ‘Combined Schools’ Category has been established to allow young golfers at schools with no golf programme to participate by combining with students from another school within their area to make up a team.
Is entry limited to one team per country?
No! Any school from any country can enter as many teams as they like.
What constitutes a team?
Teams are made up of 4 players and will play in one of three categories:- boys, girls or mixed. The 3 best scores count each day towards the team’s total.
Are there any age restrictions to participate in the tournament?
Team members must be aged 13-19 years.
What is the tournament format?
- The World Schools Golf Challenge is a 72-hole teams and individual stroke-play event (nett and gross) played over four days. The individual competition features 4 divisions (based on handicaps) for boys & girls with gross and nett champions in each division.
- The team competition (boys, girls and mixed) is based on teams of 4 with the best 3 scores each day counting towards nett and gross results.